Friday, January 4, 2008

Proenza Schouler's Inspiration Board - Spring 2008



One of my favorite collections for Spring was by Proenza Schouler. Everything about it
was amazing. You can imagine my excitement when I found this in-depth article
about what inspired the collection.

I am a sucker for details and I am definitely inspired by this choice of prints. The collection
began with a Louise Bourgeois art book found during L.A. fashion week. We've seen the
safari look done plenty of times but they kept it updated with their choice of fabrics, colors
and shape. The silhouette introduced was a modern play on a 1940's Christian Dior shape.

I have to show my collection in May so I found seeing part of the design process
extremely helpful. Inspiration has no set time or place so I always keep a small notebook
for ideas. The end result is obviously worth all the effort and thought process invested.


1. LOUISE BOURGEOIS







2. Costa Rica







3. Christian Dior New Look






4. OUT OF AFRICA







5. FEATHERS AND THE ARMORY




6. JAPANESE FISHERMAN KIMONOS





Check out the whole collection on style.com

Pictures/Source:
New York Magazine
Style.com

See also:
Proenza Schouler Spring 2008