Friday, September 7, 2007

The Sartorialist: NYC Fashion Week Street Style

It seems to me like the streets of NY have become the real runways for fashion week.
Thanks to Scott Shuman of The Sartorialist we can now have a closer look at the street style taking place during the shows. A lot of the people he photographs are fashion insiders, models and... just really, really well dressed people.


Here are some of my favorite pics from the Sartorialist Style.com blog. I hope this can inspire you when you're updating your wardrobes.



Women


Color Pop:


Seriously, check out those boots!
I love how her portfolio and her lip color pop.
Her hair is gorgeous and the bike is the perfect
accessory to this look. Which reminds me... I need a bike.


I am so into this color. I would rock that skirt with maybe an
emerald green collared shirt. And a cropped blazer to down play
the color. However, her outfit was on point.




Killer Details:


"drama in the back"


I love the detail and color on this dress. I would not
have worn those boots with it... but she made it work.



Accessorize:
...with a printed shoe or bag. Jewel toned colors.


Simple black and white made more interesting with
her ethnic print bag and those magnificent turquoise wedges.




Totally digging the chic zebra print shoe.

She Gets Her Own Category:

I need to get on this level.


Men



I love this outfit so much. The detail on the waist band
with the partially untucked shirt is the best part. Details like
that are what defines personal style.



Nice tailored shirt and olive bag with brown. Also, watches are back...
So get one and stop using your phone to tell time. (Watch Post coming soon)


Bruce Pask
Tie detail and rolled cuffs


Dapper period:


Michael Hainey, Adam Rapoport, and Andy Comer (GQ)


Color Play:





The Miller Brothers of Barker Black



Every single thing about this outfit is perfect.The way
he worked all the right colors in all the right places. It might be
the dark brown suit... no, it's the bag... definitely the cigar.

Don't forget to check back for more updates!

2 comments:

kounthear said...

Michael Hainey, Adam Rapoport, and Andy Comer (GQ)

^That was taken in front of the volunteer trailer!

Dayta said...

It's cause he's black.