Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phillip Lim On A Whim

This dress... I pulled this dress for the
shoot last weekend. I wish I could show
you pictures but you will just have to wait.
I didn't recognize it from any of the
Phillip Lim collections so I must assume this
is an exclusive for Barney's.

Not only do I enjoy the design of it but
I appreciate the dye technique. Basically, wax
is applied to the silk fabric which is then cracked
and dipped in dye. The dye seeps into the cracks
which gives it this awesome marble effect. It reminds
me of spilled ink.

3.1 Phillip Lim
Hand-Dyed Shift Dress
Barney's New York $525.00

I took a fabric design class in school a year and
a half ago. I learned a lot but didn't accomplish
much in technique. Maybe I will practice batik
and make my own shift since I could never afford
this one.

See Also:
Backstage 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2008
NY Fashion Week 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2008 Backstage