Friday, June 6, 2008

Confessions Of A Shoe Addict

An obvious weakness of mine is shoes. I like to buy them,
stare at them, sleep on them (Williamsburg) or just kill my
feet in them. I am the type of person who will buy a shoe whether
it fits or not. I will go through all sorts of pleasurable pain to wear
a pair of beautiful shoes.

Here are my current favorite summer sandals.

ANKLE CUFF SANDALS:

Maison Martin Margiela
Sandal Ankle Bootie
$595.00 eluxury.com
These are the sickest! Especially the knee-high
version (not pictured). I would probably
wear these all summer if I could call them mine.

But since I can't, the cuffed element lives
on for a whole lot cheaper...


HALSTON Cuff Boot Sandal
£25.00 Top Shop


C2 Canvas Wrap Sandal
$59.99 Urban Outfitters
So good. Love the leather detail!


ZIPPER ACCENTS:
Exposed zippers have been an obsession I've
had for the longest. In school, I did exposed zippers
on my whole collection. My teachers hated me for it.
Of course, most of the design teachers are stuck in 1983
and haven't seen a runway since.


Christian Louboutin
Rodita Zipper Sandal
My heart beats twice as fast
when I look at this beauty. This
is the kind of love that last a lifetime.

Matt Bernson Swain Sandal
$198.00 Urban Outfitters
I am a sucker for a chunky gold zipper.






Marc by Marc Jacobs
Zipper rosette flats
$207 & Sold Out at Net-A-Porter.com
I bought a bunch of cheap zippers from
my teacher in April and I now know exactly
how I am going to use them.


STILL FRINGING AROUND:



HACKLE-H.Leg Fringe
£25.00 Top Shop
And finally a complete rip off of
those Etro Gladiator Sandals!


FLAVIO Fringe Sandal
£40.00 Top Shop
And here is the best way to do
the fringe thing this summer.


See Also:
Spring Trends: Fringed Sandals